Thursday, November 19, 2009

Working out a lot! Signing a friend up at Anytime Fitness tomorrow.

Working out a lot!

So I'm working out twice a day most days of the week. I wake up, eat a little snack like a handful of nuts to get myself a little fuel and head to the gym for 30-45 minutes of cardio before work. After work I head home and repeat the process.
I have to admit, I'm not really losing anything. I weigh myself too much. I think I'm obsessing quite a bit about my weight and whatnot. I think one problem is I may not be eating enough. It's hard to know how much many calories I'm taking in because I don't eat processed foods. Processed foods list the calories on them. They'r crap, generally, but they list the calories. When I make something like a curry with veggies, beans, lentils, etc, I just have no idea how many calories I'm eating. I suppose I could try to break it down by how many calories are in each item, but that's so hard because I make a big pot of whatever I make.
I dunno. I guess I just need to try to cram some more whole grains and beans into my diet since they're higher in calories than veggies. Either way I'm not gaining, so that's good.


Signing a friend up at Anytime Fitness tomorrow.

My friend Larry has followed my weight loss progress. I have a lot of people ask me how I motivated myself and ask me to help them. I love helping people achieve what I've done. I love giving advice. Sometimes I don't think it's followed and it bums me out because I spend a lot of time coming up with that advice. Larry and I were talking via Facebook and I think he'd asked me how much it costs or something. Or maybe I mentioned that he should join Anytime. I don't remember, but anyway I'm meeting him at Anytime in the morning to sign up! We have a somewhat similar schedule, so I think that'll be good. I think it will really help motivate he and I by having a partner to work out with. I think he's pretty motivated, so it'll be fun to help him!
Now off to bed....

1 comment:

Ivy said...

I use the Calorie Count feature at About.com (http://caloriecount.about.com) to help me figure out calories. It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing - and it's got a great list of fresh foods and their nutritional information. Plus, the cool little "Burn Meter" tracks your activity and provides an estimate of the calories you're expending versus what you've taken in. With a difference as big as I've seen lately, I've got to lose some fat *eventually*! :)