Monday, October 25, 2010

Now that the outer self is where it needs to be, time to work on my inner self.

So I received a phone call a few weeks ago while I was sleeping. I had the phone silenced, so when I woke up, I had an interesting voicemail from my dental hygienist. She knows my love of documentaries as well as my being vegan and my weight loss. She told me that she had just seen a documentary at the Fleur the night before called 'May I Be Frank' and that it was in town for one more night and that I should go see it because she knew I would love it. I called up my friend Crystal from New City Market as well as my high school friend Heather who also has lost a lot of weight.
All I really knew of the movie going in was that some guy had lost weight by eating a raw vegan diet. The movie was SO much more than just that. The movie was much more about how this man changed his mind in order to change his body. That's not doing it justice in the least. There were tears throughout the theater as well as lots of laughter. Frank was there to answer questions after the movie as well. I can't express how much this movie touched me. Check out the website for the movie at . It may be brought back to Des Moines next month!
A couple of days later, I emailed one of the sponsors of the film who got it brought to Des Moines. Her name is Angela Clark, and she has a radio show on Des Moines Amplified; you can find her show's site at . Angela has an alternative healing company called enrgPATH; check out her site at . I told her of my weight loss story and how I like to share my message to let others know that they can lose weight naturally as well. She emailed me back and said she'd like to have me on her show. After a few emails trying to coordinate schedules, we decided to meet up this last Saturday at the station to record an interview....
So we chatted for an hour or so before the interview so she had a better idea of my story. The radio/video interview lasted for about an hour as well where I shared my story and we talked about 'May I Be Frank'. I don't remember how it came up, but I had mentioned being depressed and wanting to change that. Angela offered to help me -- FOR FREE. How awesome is that??? VERY AWESOME!!! She's giving me my own Frank experience, or as Crystal said, she's Franking me!

More about the healing to come....

No comments: