Tuesday, October 28, 2008

HyVee is out of super protein bars...

So I normally buy a box of Odwalla Super Protein bars about every 2
weeks (12 per box @ $12). They're cheap for a protein bar with 16g of
protein and 220 or so calories. A lot of super protein bars are way
more expensive.
I ended up buying some low carb protein bar with 20g of protein. Since
they're low carb and I eat them after my workout, I'm going to add an
apple to my post-workout snack. The bars I bought are 170 calories, so
the apple will get my calories up there as well. I think these bars
were $1.49ea so I just bought 2. I'm going to keep checking HyVee. The
HyVee by me @ 86th & Douglas doesn't carry them, so I have to keep
checking the Valley West HyVee.

Speaking of out of things...
The HyVee by me doesn't carry my natural peanut butter any longer.
That or they're out of it temporarily. The kind I buy is in a glass
jar & is good. Chunky, but not too chunky. The kind I had to buy this
time was in a plastic tub & the chunks of peanuts are literally half
peanuts -- big chunks.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can ask a Hy-Vee store manager to get you the item that you're looking for and they will call you once it is in!