Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My speech this last Saturday....

So I had my speech on Saturday afternoon. I had to leave our film shoot in the middle of it to go speak then go back to filming.
There were four speakers: A doctor who performs the lapband weight loss procdure, a dietitian from Mercy's Center for Weight Reduction, a patient who had the lapband done and whom also works at the hospital, and me.
There was 1 hour set aside for the 4 of us to speak. Well, the doctor spoke for 40 minutes. The dietitian spoke for 10. For you math majors out there, that left 10 minutes for me and the other speaker to do our thing. I ended up racing thru my speech in 5 minutes so that the other person could speak. It was a real bummer.
The doctor and I spoke beforehand. He said that he heard about me and what I'd accomplished. he said due to me he was going to change one part of his speech.... He got to the part where he said that DIET AND EXERCISE DOESN'T WORK. I couldn't believe my ears. He said that I was the exception. He said that people just can't lose weight and keep it off thru diet and exercise. Wow.
Sounded like he was trying to sell the lapband procedure pretty hard! Diet and exercise DOES work. You just have to commit to it.

No comments: