Monday, August 11, 2008

My first outdoor jog yesterday....

So I decided to go for a run outside yesterday to help prepare myself for the Run for Your Life 5K this weekend.
I was thinking of doing it then not then thought about it again. I got bored Saturday night and decided to go to Billy Joe's for some karaoke and beer. It was dead and I was bored there, so I only stayed 2 hours for 4 beers. I went home and drank a bunch of water to rehydrate before bed so I could run in the morning.
I went out about 8:30 or 9am Sunday since the 5K will be at 8am or so. I don't think I ate enough for breakfast before I went running. I was running out of energy. I had just 3 whole grain crackers w/ a tablespoon of peanut butter on each and a glass of skim milk. For Saturday, I'm going to eat my supper for breakfast to ensure that I have the fuel. I kept petering out needing to walk. I didn't do terribly bad, but not what I had hoped for. Plus, it's really hard to run alone and to not be able to judge your pace at all. On the treadmill, my pace stays at 6.5mph the whole time. I have no idea what I was running on Sunday. I think I started too fast, too.

I have at least one person running with me. My co-worker Sara, who runs a lot, is running with me. She's going to let me set the pace. That will help me a lot, I think. My friend Annie's husband, Chris, may be running with us as well. My trainer might be there to cheer me on. Channel 13 may film it to update my progress. Wish me well! :)

No comments: