Monday, August 4, 2008

Today's workout....

Did a 2 minute warm-up walk this morning on the treadmill before running.
I upped my speed today to 7mph the whole time I ran.
I did 7 minutes then walked 1 then ran 6 and walked 1 then ran 5 and walked 1 then ran 4 and walked 1 then ran 3 and walked 5 or so.
I went over 3.5 miles and burned over 400 calories.
I gotta say, I really didn't notice any difference in running 7mph compared to 6.5mph previously. I wanted to up my speed to prepare for the 5K on August 16. This way, even if I run slower outdoors, hopefully I'll still be at a decent clip.

After running, I hit the weights. We've upped nearly every machine by a level or two recently. I figured they'd be tougher to do, but some of them seemed so easy that I had to ask my trainer if she accidentally set them to a lower level but she hadn't.
After the weights, we hit the ab exercises using the exercise balls.

No comments: