Friday, August 1, 2008

Won something on Mancow today....

So I listen to 105.1 from Ames. In the morning, Mancow is on. I tune into that as I drive to the gym. They were discussing that there may be a new Ghostbusters movie sometime. They threw out a trivia question: "Who were the original 4 Ghostbusters?"
I figured why not call and try to win? I knew the answer and figured I could multi-task while driving.
I called in and got thru on my first attempt. The call screener asked for my answer. I gave it to him:
Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Harold Raimis, and Ernie Hudson.
He put me on hold until they got to that portion of the show. After 15 or 20 minutes, they got to that portion. When you're on hold, you can hear the show over the phone. I heard everyone calling in giving the wrong answers. I knew they'd be getting to me soon with the correct answer. Then it happened. Some OTHER dude gave the correct answers! I couldn't believe it. I thought, "Gosh. Do I hang up or wait on the line?" Glad I waited. The phone screener came back on and apologized profusely. It turns out that when the guy called, he gave the screener the wrong answers then probably looked up the correct answers and when it was his turn changed the answers. The screener said that he hung up on the guy and he wasn't getting the prize. He took down my info and they're going to mail it out to me. Not sure what I'm winning, but it's just cool to win. The screener couldn't have been a nicer guy! :)

No comments: