Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Watching The Biggest Loser....

So I missed The Biggest Loser premier last week because I thought it
started this week. I was bummed last week when I learned of it.
As I watch it, it makes me realize how far I've come and what I've
gone thru to get here. I'm so lucky to have this opportunity to lose
this weight. These people have been given an amazing gift as well.
As I watch, it reminds me that I need to be working on my 2 speeches
for my upcoming speaking engagements. The speech I'm giving on October
8 is regarding motivation. It's so easy for me to STAY motivated right
now. The tough part, I remember, is getting motivated and STAYING
motivated in the beginning. I think that'll be a big focus of my
speech is how to motivate yourself to start making the change and how
to keep it going once you've begun.
The people in tonight's episode are dealing with the historically-low
week 2 numbers that everyone experiences on the show. Apparently the
average loss for week 2 of all the seasons is 2%. Meaning the average
percentage of their weight loss is 2%. The father/son team netted
zero. The dad lost 3 & the son gained 3. Those weeks of gaining are
HARD. I can only imagine how hard it is early on. I was lucky enough
to not gain anything until quite some time in, and that was TOUGH.
Trying to stay motivated when you see yourself gaining after working
so hard makes you question doing it. You feel like you've failed. As
long as you've worked hard, that's all that matters. You eventually
learn that your body does what it wants to do as far as weight loss.
All you can do is give it the necessary tools by working hard.
Where do I buy motivation? If I could just afford a trainer I wouldn't
have to worry about motivation. The answer is you can't buy
motivation. A trainer can't motivate you. A trainer can ENCOURAGE you,
but motivation must come from within. That's not to say trainers
aren't worth the money. I haven't paid my trainer (someone has) but
she's encouraged the hell out of me.
I think I have an unintentional start to my motivation speech....

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: