Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What damn time does Walgreens open?!?!?!

Arg!
So this morning I did my routine which was eat breakfast and then hop in the shower before heading off to the gym. I know, I know, 'Why shower before the gym when you're going to get all sweaty, only to shower after you're done before heading off to work?'. It's just part of my routine. Anyway, I went to my gym bag for some deoderant, and it wasn't there. I decided to head to Walgreens on 22nd Street in West Des Moines near 235. I drove by there at about 6:30am and they were closed. Now I remember a while back that some of their stores changed their hours from 24 hours a day to less hours. I kept driving and figured I'd go to the Walgreens on University Ave in the Drake area. I figured that store would do great overnight business, especially w/ school in full effect, and figured they'd be open. And they weren't! Needless to say, I went to the gym sans deoderant. Hopefully nobody noticed! I couldn't smell me! I went to the grocery store after the gym (and after showering) to get some things, including deoderant, before heading to work. I was so irritated that Walgreens was closed at 6:30 and 6:50am! Arg!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Dave said...

Thanks! I really appreciate that. I REALLY need to buckle down and start blogging more. Especially now that we have two Live Healthy Iowa teams starting! I can't wait to help others!
Who is this, by the way? :)