Thursday, May 22, 2008

Photo shoot for Mercy.... New clothes shopping....

So Mercy contacted me the other day about doing a photo shoot to show off my weight loss! That's pretty awesome! They're gonna have me go to University Photo in Clive. It sounds like it'll be a bit closer to my goal. I'm excited. That's pretty cool! Mercy has been nothing short of awesome to me! Everyone involved has been great. Did I mention that they sent me a thank you card and a gift card to Applebees for speaking at the diabetes conference in March? That was so nice of them and completely unnecessary! BTW, Applebees has a great menu with healthy items in it; flip all the way to the back. I like the grilled chicken dish w/ roasted potatoes and veggies. Yum.

On a sort of related note, I had emailed Sonya Heitshusen from channel 13 a couple of weeks or more ago and pitched an idea to her regarding the Move It Challenge. I suggested they do a makeover segment. She liked the idea and said they'd discuss it. I followed up a week later but never heard anything back. Oh well. I was hoping. It'd be nice.

Recently I went shopping at Kohl's for some new clothes for work. I just got a few things since I'm still losing. I can't fathom that I went from a 3x shirt when I started down to a 1x shirt now and a large dress shirt! Insane! It kinda sucks as far as having to buy a whole new wardrobe! It's so nice to be able to easily find clothes that fit me! It really makes me feel good!

No comments: