Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Today's workout with new and improved jogging!....

So I hit the cross-trainer today for, I think, 30 minutes. I did aerobic mode which makes you switch up and go backwards sometimes, or use your arms more other times, etc etc.

I knew I wanted to jog for at least 10 minutes today. My trainer had me switch up after the cross-trainer and go to the treadmill. She wanted me to jog for a minute then walk for a minute then jog a minute and walk a minute, so on and so forth. I didn't like the sound of that too well, so she said she wanted me to walk a minute then jog for 3 then walk a minute and jog for 4 then walk a minute and jog for 5 minutes. I did so at 6.5mph. When I walked the 1 minute intervals, I walked 3.5mph. It felt great! It seemed, I guess, pretty 'natural'. Not sure if that's the word that I'm looking for or not. What I'm trying to say is that it felt right. It didn't seem to put stress on my body. I breathed fine throughout. When I'd stop jogging and would start walking, my heart rate seemed to drop back down to what felt like a normal range within a matter of seconds.

I'm really proud that I decided to start jogging. If I had tried nearly 100 pounds ago, it would have been pretty tough. I think I'm thin enough now that I can handle it.

After the jogging, we did the weights like normal and then ab exercises. We've stopped using the ab machine at my request and started doing ab exercises on the floor because the machine didn't seem to do nearly as much for me as the ab exercises do. The ab exercises are awesome. I always feel it afterward.

Jogging.... Who knew??

No comments: