Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Today's workout yields new record....

So my trainer today wanted me to jog for longer than I have before. Meaning a longer continuous jog rather than those days where she has me do like 6 minutes then walk 1 and 5 and walk 1, etc. My old continuous jogging record was 12 minutes at 6.5mph. Today I decided I'd jog for 15 minutes to beat the old record. Part of me felt that 15 minutes wasn't enough. I covered the screen on the treadmill with my towel and told my trainer she could look at the screen occasionally to check my time. Once I hit 15 minutes, I decided to keep going.
I jogged for 20 minutes straight at 6.5mph the whole time!!! Not bad! 8 minutes longer than my previous best.
After about 30 seconds or less of walking at 3.5mph after the jogging, my heart rate was around 146 and dropping steadily. After 3 minutes of walking I checked it and my heart rate was all the way down at 116. My conditioning is really good right now. My heart rate drops fast as soon as I walk.
I'm really proud of my accomplishment! Who knew 103 pounds and 9 or so months ago that I'd be jogging for 20 minutes straight?!

No comments: