Monday, January 28, 2008

Ate dinner out four times this weekend....

So Friday night I went to dinner at Maxie's for my grandma's 80th dirthday. I ate pretty close to what I'd normally eat for dinner: I had salmon, and mixed veggies, and cottage cheese (I think I had cottage cheese). I also had a side salad though probably shouldn't have as I didn't need it. I didn't eat any bread. I had water to drink.

Saturday night my girlfriend and I and one of her daughters went to a friend's house for dinner and a movie. We had ham balls (they were good!), some kind of hashbrown bake with sour cream and cheese (also really good), and salad. We also had ice cream sundaes later for dessert. I had just two small scoops of ice cream and a little whipped cream and chocolate syrup. Probably should've skipped the dessert, but it was a once in a long time thing.

Sunday morning I went to breakfast with my dad. I had a garden scramble at IHOP which was basically scrambled egg substitute w/ veggies and 2 pancakes with just a little syrup. I had water to drink. I should've substituted fruit for pancakes; next time I will.

Sunday night me and the other Move It participants went to Jimmy's American Cafe on 8th Street in West Des Moines. Channel 13 bought us dinner. We just chatted with each other and Sonya. That should air in a couple of weeks. We were supposed to have a dietitian, but they weren't able to get one. I had Ahi tuna, and asparagus, and substituted cottage cheese for mashed potatoes. Water to drink.
It was a really nice night and all of the other participants were really cool! It was nice hearing about everyone's experiences.

No comments: