Thursday, February 7, 2008

My first Thursday workout....

So I decided to go to this morning's body sculpting' class at Mercy despite being up until 11:30 or a little later. By the time I got home from rehearsal last night, it was about 9:45 or 10pm. Then I had to make lunch and supper to take to work and rehearsal and do some laundry before I could head off to bed.
The class is put on by this tiny 20-something woman. She kicked our butts!
We started with a little cardio to get our heart rates going.
We use dumbbells and resistance bands. I only used the 8lb dumbbells and still got a hell of a workout. I was going to use the 10 pounders and am glad I didn't! I'm a bit embarrassed I only used 8 pounders, but if you saw the stuff we did in the class and the number of reps, you'd understand!
After the weight and resistance band exercises, we did a bunch of ab exercises and some yoga stretches.
After all of that, I knocked out 10 minutes on the cross-trainer.

A little preview to tonight's weigh-in....
I weighed myself in the locker room just to see if I'm doing better this week. It looks like tonight is going to be a big number! Unless the scales are calibrated way differently, it should be good! I've worked my butt off this week! Normally I work out 3 days a week, and after my 1 pound gain last week I decided to kick it up to 5 days. If this number tonight is as good as I think it is, I'm going to keep going 5 days a week, I think! I'm really proud of myself for kicking it up to 5 days this week, especially as busy as I already am!

Here's a brief synopsis of a week day for me this week:
Wake up at 5:45am.
At gym and working out by 7am.
Leave gym and go right to work by 9am.
Leave work at 6pm and straight to rehearsal at the Des Moines Playhouse while eating dinner in my car.
Leave the playhouse between 8:30pm and 9:30pm.
Stop at grocery store some nights.
Make lunch and supper for the next day.
Go to bed around 10:30 or 11pm.


Stay tuned tomorrow for weight loss results!

No comments: