Friday, February 22, 2008

Venturing out from my daily menu a bit....

So I finally decided to buy some chicken breasts the other night. Normally I eat salmon every night. I'm not sick of it by any means, but behaviorally, it's a bit obsessive.
I bought some tomato sauce with low sodium and poured a bit on it and wrapped it in foil and baked it in the oven. Came out pretty good.
It made me really full! It was only 110 calories for a 4 ounce breast. My salmon is supposed to be like 6 ounces, but I only have maybe a 3 ounce piece because that's how it's portioned in the bag. I'm always satisfied when I'm done eating the salmon, but like I said, I was FULL from the chicken.
I also bought some lentils the other day as they're one of those super foods. I just brought them to a boil and simmered them for 30 mins like rice and they came out tasting REALLY good.

No comments: