Friday, February 8, 2008

Today's workout....

Started out on the cross-trainer for 5 minutes or so to warm up before class.

Today at class we did something new (they've done it before, but not since I've been going). We used one of those big parachutes that you used to play with in elementary school in PE class. You put a ball in the middle and stand up and hold the parachute high then everyone yanks it downward at the same time and the ball shoots way up high (we busted a ceiling tile...whoops!). We then did some more things where you get the parachute high then 2 people dribbled basketballs around the outside or the inside. We also put a couple of balls in the middle of the parachute and just moved our arms up and down quickly to keep the balls bouncing around.
It doesn't sound like much, but my arms are sore (I did do weights after and yesterday as well).
We also did some cardio to get warmed up before we did this stuff. We ended with some ab exercises.

From there, I knocked out 10 minutes on the cross-trainer. We then hit the weights for 30 minutes or so.
I am SORE today. My body hasn't had much time to rest since I went to the gym M,T,W,TH,F this week. I've been up late since I get home late from rehearsal and have to get lunch and supper ready for the next day and had to do laundry, etc. I'll rest Saturday. Hopefully!

6 comments:

anitadawnorton said...

Dave, Its Anita your fellow B.Loser through Mercy. I work with preschoolers all day long and we often use the parachute as a form of exercise for our kids. I never would have thought about incorporating that into exercise for an adult though. Thats a really neat idea and I will now make my co-workers do it with me while we are on lunch break. We often use the stretch bands (they kill) and do walking d.v.d's, but on MOnday were doing the parachute. Keep up the good work. Im still struggling w/plateauing and am extremely frustrated, but i am still keeping the faith. Anita

Getting Started said...

I think I am going to try and get back on track with my yoga in the mornings. I do agree with you. Working out in the mornings does make me stay on track during the day. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. How are things with you? Still working out hard core? Don't forget to eat enough to fuel the engine! :)

Anonymous said...

Keep it up. Your doing great!

anitadawnorton said...

Dave, It's Anita the other Biggest Loser winner working out at Mercy. I am a preschool teacher and we do parachutes all the time with our preschool kids. NEVER did I think about incorporating that with adults as a form of exercise. That rocks!! I will make the girls I work with start doing the parachute with me during our lunch break. Keep up the good work, your doing gr8!!! Anita

Dave said...

Thank you both!
Yeah, I'm still working out pretty hard! :) How's it going with you??

Dave said...

Thanks, Anita!
I ran into a neighbor of yours at the bar Saturday night after my show.
The parachute thing is really cool!
You keep up the great work as well!
D