Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Today's workout....

So normally we have class on Tuesdays, but Abby had a presentation to give and she told me class was cancelled as I walked in. Well, I rallied the troops to play a game of walleyball. We tried to figure out how to put the net up as none of us put it up Friday since Deb did it. We couldn't figure it out, so we put the volleyball net up in the gym. It was me and 2 older ladies vs. 2 older guys. Blah. I ended up finally playing middle for my team because nobody would move more than a couple steps to get the ball. Not a good workout.

After the game ended at 7:30, I decided to kick the volleyball around like soccer. Shoot it some, dribble some, etc. Then I drug out the punching bag. It's one of those with water in the base to weight it down. Well, I punch pretty damn hard; I had a 70lb heavy bag hanging from the basement ceiling as a teenager and worked out on it some. I bruised my knuckles a bit hitting it because I had no bag gloves to use on it. I was punching through the padding to the middle. Ouch. I wish I had a heavy bag and a speed bag again like I had when I was younger. Both of those give you a tremendous workout, both cardio and muscles...

No comments: