Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My 2nd workout at Mercy and a BMI update....

So this morning was my second workout at Mercy.
I did the treadmill for about 20 minutes and a cross-trainer for about 7 minutes then went on to weights then stretching for the rest of the time.
My trainer, Deb, ended up measuring my BMI again since there was such a discrepancy between the one that they did at Mercy Capital (43%) and the one that she did on Monday (20% or so). Her new reading was about 26%.

So we had a potluck today at work for Halloween. My office is right next to the break room, and my co-workers kept coming in with great-smelling food. I started getting hunger pangs and wanted to have some of it, but I know trying one thing would lead to something else and something else and more of this and more of that, so I just chose not to eat any of it. I feel good about that choice. I didn't take my lunch to work, though, because I was broke until today (payday) and ran out of groceries last night, so I went to HyVee at lunch and bought a wrap and some tomato roughy salad from the deli (tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and cilantro in an Italian dressing). I ate 1/2 the wrap and the salad. Later for a snack I ate the other 1/2 of the wrap and then I must admit I ate 1 mini Snickers today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job Dave! Such willpower! That's my problem lately..willpower! Dan has been hiding stuff from me so that I wont eat it (stuff he wants to eat)...its crazy!

keep up the hard work

Unknown said...

You have better willpower than I do! Dan's been hiding stuff from me so I wont eat it! Keep up the hard work Dave...