Friday, October 26, 2007

This weekend will be nuts! Part deux!

So this Saturday night is my birthday party at Billy Joe's Pitcher Show for some karaoke and beer (9pm if ya wanna come!). Me and my fellow theatre nerds will be partying it up the way only we can.
I'm no alcoholic, mind you, but I do enjoy a drink or 10 every now and then. Keep in mind, this is my 30th birthday so I'm going to overdo it a bit. And you know what? I'm pretty ok with that. I don't drive afterward. Billy Joe's offers a free sober ride home to every patron in the Des Moines area. I think every bar should do that. It increases their business because a patron will drink more knowing that they don't have to worry about driving. And the public is safe because you don't have some jerk out there driving drunk.
My girlfriend and I are going to dinner Saturday night at Mama Lacona's with another couple. I don't plan on overeating by any means (just overdrinking). Then we're meeting everyone out at the bar.
Hopefully Shannon's back will be ok.
Wow. I just remembered, this is the weekend that we set the clocks back! That means an extra hour of celebrating my birthday! W00t!
Maybe I'll see ya at the bar! Buy me a drink! I'm poor!

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Happy Birthday Dave! I have a daughter who turned 30 this past July 3rd. She was born on my birthday. My twin granddaughters were also born this past July 3rd :)

Have a drink for me but a little sad advice...don't set your clock back, that's next weekend :(

tattoo girl said...

Hope you had a great party! Great job on the weight loss so far!! I'm sure you will meet your goal. I will keep reading-you have a great writing style-maybe you should make these blogs into a book when you reach your goal. Glad your girlfriend is out of the hospital. She is lucky to have you supporting her!

Unknown said...

wish i could have gone dave!!! im so proud of you...seriously! keep it up! someday you'll weigh less than I do!!!!!