Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My first workout at Mercy....

So Monday morning I had an appointment at Mercy's fitness center (Wellness Center) with my trainer. It was one of those appointments where they weigh you, check your resting heart rate, do the skin fold test, have you ride the bike for like 20 minutes while they measure your heart-rate, test your flexibility and also test your bicep strength.

Interestingly, the skin fold test to calculate my BMI was 20 percentage points less than the one where they had me stand on a scale the other day barefoot where it read it that way. Weird. Not sure why that was.
My bicep strength was good. My resting heart rate was pretty good. flexibility was pretty poor.

After these tests, I lifted weights on several of the weight machines. I liked pretty much every one of them. We also did some stretches. Tomorrow (Wednesday) morning I'll be doing some cardio and I think maybe some weights. I'm not totally sure what my trainer will have me do.

So far so good. :) For some reason I'm really tired this week. I'm not sure why it is. I've been going to bed early and getting plenty of sleep (8-9 hours) but am just really tired and my head seems cloudy at work.

I had one of those McDonald's Asian salads last night for dinner. My nutritionist told me about it and said it's good and overall pretty healthy. I didn't feel like making dinner last night so I went there. Man was it tasty. It had edamame (young soybeans), pea pods, mandarin oranges, slivered almonds, various salad greens, and a sesame ginger dressing. Tasty!

No comments: