Friday, October 19, 2007

STILL waiting on Mercy.......

So I'm STILL waiting to hear from Mercy when my appointment is going to be for my physical or whatever they need to do w/ me before I can get started. Sonya Heitshusen w/ WHO said that she, too, is waiting to hear from them. She wants to do my interview while Mercy is doing their stuff. I have Monday off to recover from the lack of sleep I'll be suffering from in order to make our film this weekend and Monday was when she was hoping to do the interview and appointment. We'll see... I'm a bit frustrated w/ Mercy as my boss (who is also a participant in the challenge) had her appointment and interview on Monday or Tuesday of this week and has already started her program.
Oh well....I'll just keeping doing it my way for the time being. I'm doing great so far! I'll be weighing myself tonight before we start on the film. Apparently we're ordering pizza, so this will be the first time on nearly a month that I've eaten something 'bad'. I can't hide from the 'bad' stuff and just eat the good forever. I'll just have to be sure to not go overboard with it and to eat sensibly this weekend. I'm going to be in need of caffeine, and I've given up pop, so I think I just might buy some tea for the weekend. I like tea ok.
I must admit I didn't walk this morning before work. I slept in so that I'd get plenty of sleep for this weekend's craziness. Otherwise, I walked Monday thru Thursday. We'll see if I walk Monday or not....

Stay tuned for the new weightloss total (last weighed myself officially a couple weeks ago and was at 15 pounds after 2 weeks. I'm hoping to have lost at least another 10. I've been good.

Stay tuned to see if Mercy sets up my appointment as well.

The next time you hear from me (probably Tuesday) I'll be 30 years old. :-( Blah.

EDIT:
Well, I just heard from Sonya Heitshusen that Mercy *should* be contacting me soon to set up my appointment for either Monday or early next week....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dave before you take part in the program at the Weight Loss Clinic of Iowa I would check out the article that is in the October Edition of The Oprah Magazine. The article is all about the doctor run weight loss clinics. If you can't find it let me know and I will send you mine.

I can't wait to see how all of you will be doing in the challenge.

Dave said...

Hi Vicki,

I don't know anybody that subscribes to 'O'. What's the general jist of the article? Is it for or against the doctor-run clinics?

Thanks for reading!

Unknown said...

Dave

It is against the Dr. run clinics. It tells about how they only have to go to a seminar for 2 days to run a clinic. It also tells that people on the Optifast diet loose weight fast and then when they go off they gain it all back and some. I know this part is true as I have a coworker that did it and is now about 20 lbs heavier than when she started. When you go to the grocery store I would see if they still have it on the shelf. If not I have read your blogs about doing your own thing with the help of a dietician and that looks like the best choice. I also wanted to say I hope you well and to be a big loser. I am following a diet and exercise program that is on www.sparkpeople.com and it is working great. This site has everything you need for a full lifestyle change. Keep up the good work. Vicki

Dave said...

Hi Vicki,

Mercy's weightloss clinic seems well-run and well-managed to me. There are a lot of great people there.

Thanks for the info!
The shakes don't seem to be like the right option for me. I'm going to continue on eating healthy self-prepared meals. For some other people, the Optifast and Optitrim options are a good idea, but not for me right now.
Shakes do help some folks and are the only option for some folks. Other folks may have other options and may pick that and I fully support them for that choice. I met some wonderful folks who are drinking the shakes that let me sit in on their behavior class on Friday. They're all doing great on those shakes and have a great grasp of what they need to do once they start eating solid foods again.

Mercy takes a great approach to the shakes: you must attend classes to focus on behavior changes; they also slowly phase in food and you meet with a dietitian/nutritionist who helps you with that end of things.

For me, I think preparing my own food is the best choice along with arming myself with knowledge.

Thanks for the info! One can never arm themselves with too much information when making a decision.

I think I've heard of the sparkpeople site before (or was that www.sharkpeople.com for 1/2 shark 1/2 people?).
I'll check it out!

Thanks for the info! Keep up your good work!
Watch me tomorrow (Wednesday) night on the 10 o'clock news!