Wednesday, October 17, 2007

This coming weekend will be NUTS!

Every year my friends and I compete in a few film competitions: 48 Hour Film Project, National Film Challenge (no idea why they call it 'national' when it's International), and the Star Wars Fan Film competition.
Well, the Star Wars competition is around April or so each year (if I remember correctly), the 48 Hour Film Project is in August, and it's now time for the National Film Challenge this coming weekend....
Basically what that means is at a set time on Friday evening we will be emailed a list of things that we must incorporate into our short film. These things include a line of dialogue, a prop, and a character (I think I might be leaving something out, I forget). Everybody has to use those some things. Where it differs is you're assigned a film genre. You have to write, direct, act in, and edit your film within some 60 or so hours, I think. I remember that it's a bit more than the 48 Hour Film Project. Anyway, we basically get little to no sleep during that time. There's really no preparation that you can do ahead of time other than rest up!
It also coincides with my birthday. We're going to be so busy and sleep-deprived that I hope I can still eat decent meals and snacks. We'll see. At least I'm not Andrew Zumwalt...he does the editing when we're all done and ends up getting the least sleep by far (he also directs and films)!
Andrew does an awesome job!

Check out our films at http://www.arizonainkstudios.com/.

Last year Andrew and I wrote Psalm 10:15 (which my now roommate and I acted in). We placed in the top 15 in audience choice internationally!!! Nice, huh?

Wish us luck!