Friday, October 12, 2007

My weightloss so far....

I mentioned in my little 'bio' that I've always lost weight in VERY unhealthy ways such as by eating once small meal a day and vomiting that small meal up or by eating every 3rd or 4th day and walking every day for an hour. Both ways allowed me to lose weight quickly (30-40 pounds in a month) but as soon as I'd start eating again it'd come back on and then some.
I don't know too many other guys with an eating disorder, but I think there are more out there than we think.

I've finally decided to do it the healthy way by making a lifestyle change. I'm not going to try any fad diets or crazy ways like I just mentioned. I'm going to simply watch what I eat, eat 3 small healthy meals a day with healthy snacks interspersed. That keeps your metabolism up, apparently. I'm also walking every morning before work for an hour. I prefer walking the bike trial in Clive rather than going to 24/7 Xpress in Urbandale and walking on the treadmill just because of the repetitive nature of the treadmill. Sure there are TV's, but walking the treadmill you feel like you're going somewhere as the scenery changes and you're outside in nature among the deer and whatever wild critters are about. By the way, on a side note, why can't some people respond to a 'Good morning'?? A lot of people do, but others just ignore you. I know some people get in a zone, but even people walking at a slow pace just ignore you. Maybe I look like an axe murderer....I probably do....but geesh!

Anyway, the change in diet has been working! I've been doing it on my own for the past nearly 3 weeks and last weighed myself 1 week ago (2 weeks into it for those keeping score at home) and had lost 15 pounds so far! I made sure to weigh myself on the same scale I used for the first time I weighed myself at the beginning of this thing. Not bad! I'll probably weigh myself a week from today to see how I'm doing. I'm not getting all caught up in weighing myself all the time. Once a week or every two weeks is good enough for me.

No comments: