Monday, March 31, 2008

Brother came home.... Speech.... Stage managing a play....

I'm really busy and getting ready to leave work for the day, but here's an abbreviated post....

My brother came home Thursday night from Iraq. He was shocked by my weightloss, I think. He knew I was losing, but didn't know how much. They showed the 'reunion' on the 10pm news (he came in at 8:40pm, so they did some quick work!)

My speech went really well Friday at Mercy. They had me listed on the itinerary as Dave Peterson! haha Oh well. I think I had a good story to share and people seemed interested despite it being the end of the day on a Friday! Some people were leaving during each speech, but most stayed.

I got a call the other day asking me to stage manage a show for Theater for a Change. Mike Pace, the Iowa Lottery guy, is in the show. It's Neil Simon's The Sunshine Boys. I've never stage managed, so this will be new to me! Yikes! I'm going to be so busy. :(

Workouts are going as good as ever....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Old brothers and new challenges. I wonder which role Mike Pace will play. The "George Burns" part was originally to have been played by his best friend Jack Benny, but he died before production started. It gave GB a whole new career for the last quarter of his long, long life. Neil Simon plays are FUNNY, too, as I'm sure you know!

Dave said...

I'm not sure. Last night was my first night and it was just to pick up a script and to meet the guys really quick. It looks hilarious. I sat and watched part of the rehearsal and just laughed and laughed. Mike and the other guy are friends, so their chemistry is great. Both VERY nice guys.