Friday, November 2, 2007

My 3rd Mercy workout. Meeting w/ nutritionist next week.

So I went to Mercy today for my 3rd workout.
I did about 25 minutes on the treadmill at about 3.5mph with an incline setting of 4 for most of the time. I then switched up without a break and did the cross-trainer for 7 minutes at between 5-6mph. Both the treadmill and the cross-trainer are improvements over Wednesday's speeds and incline. The cross-trainer is an awesome workout; it's low-impact and you really feel it. It's easier to go faster on it than it is on the treadmill, yet it seems like a much better workout. I hope to increase my stamina on it (I haven't gone long enough on it yet to run out of steam, mind you).
After the cardio, I lifted weights for 20 minutes or so going from leg press to bicep curl to a rowing thing (not the technical term haha), to lat pull, to shoulder press, to chest press (I think I might've forgotten a machine or two in there). I improved on a few of the machines over Wednesday's workout with weight and reps.
I just realized I forgot to stretch today at the end of my workout.
My trainer, Deb, leads a workout class on Friday mornings at 7am for 30 minutes, I think. I need to find out what the class is and probably attend. I can do that for 30 mins then maybe hit the weight machines.

I feel great today, a little sore, but not bad at all - I just feel like I got in a good workout. I'm thinking of going to 24/7 Xpress on Tuesdays and Thursdays and walking for an hour before work so I get in 5 days a week. I'd also really like to get in some more weight training.
I got to work then we had to move to a different office down the hall, so I ended up getting sweaty for the second time in the morning. I had to unhook and move my computer and my belongings then hook it all back up, so I had to get down under the desks. I hate that....right after I shower I have to get sweaty again. Oh well, I kinda like the new desk; I think I have like 30% more desk space. :) I'll miss you, cave!


So next Thursday night (11/8) I'm going to Mercy Capital to the weightloss clinic to meet with my nutritionist, Amy Clark. We're going to do some meal planning. The following week we're going to try to make it to Dahl's in Johnston on a weekday morning before work with the camera crew to do some grocery shopping.
Also on 11/8, I'm going to a stress-management class at Mercy Capital w/ Peggy. :)

Stay tuned, kids.
By the way, every Wednesday night on the 1oPM news they'll be featuring one of the four of us. It kinda depends who has a particularly good or maybe bad week for who they choose to feature.
Anybody see me this last Wednesday on the news? I kept my shirt on this time! I promise to do so every time until I get down to my goal weight. Heck, I don't even like to look at myself w/out a shirt let alone others have to see me!

No comments: