Monday, November 19, 2007

On the news this Wednesday... Busy last weekend shooting commercials...

On the news this Wednesday

So I'll be on Channel 13 news this Wednesday night at 10pm. It'll be the footage of me shopping with my nutritionist that we shot last Tuesday.
Sonya emailed me and said she watched the footage today and said I was NOTICEABLY thinner (capital letters and all! LOL)! It's nice to hear that other people are seeing it as well. I'm around my co-workers all the time and they don't really notice my weightloss probably since they're around me so much.
I can see it in my face a lot. My face looks much thinner than it was some 35 or so pounds ago.


Busy last weekend shooting commercials

So this last weekend was kinda busy.
Friday night I went to the bar for a friend's birthday party. I need to learn to drink mixed drinks and to drink them w/ diet pop. I'm a beer guy and ended up drinking beer at the party.

Saturday I met a friend for lunch before we drove to Red Rock to shoot footage for a commercial parody that will air as part of a play called 'The Dead Guy'. 'The Dead Guy' is a dark comedy about reality TV. I've read the whole script and find it funny. It's performed as though you're watching a TV show, and there are TV monitors on the stage and they play commercials on them at some points. The play runs in December at Grand View College's Viking Theatre. It's performed by friends of mine with Theater...for a Change.
Anyway, back to what I was saying.... I met up with a friend for some Chinese before we drove to Lake Red Rock. I ate pretty responsibly. I didn't drink any pop. As much as I like pop and caffeine, cutting them both out almost entirely has been easy. I think I've had pop maybe 3 times since I started this program (I'm including the month before when I started losing on my own).

Sunday we shot some more footage in the East Village downtown. We met up for a light lunch before we met up with all of the actors for the other commercial. The director and I (I was the camera jockey) went to Village Bean coffee shop. We were going to go to The Continental, but it was closed. I got a mocha and a sausage and egg pita. It was delicious and not terribly unhealthy, AND only $1.98 for the pita!

Let me just say that the East Village has some really cool shops. It's nice to see such a variety! We shot in Smash (custom t-shirt store), ZZZ Records, Kitchen Collage, and (something) Giggles. I don't remember the exact name of the last store, but it had stuff for new and expecting parents. It was a really cool shop with cool stuff! I hate to see downtown so damn dead on weekends with all of these cool shops.

No comments: