Friday, November 9, 2007

Weigh-in last night and workout today

Weigh-in

So I weighed-in last night. I lost 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks. Not as much as I had hoped for, honestly, but they do say 2 pounds a week is healthy. I'm lifting more weights, so I know I'm gaining muscle as well, so that can prevent me from losing as much weight as I was originally as muscle weighs more than fat. My clothes are already fitting much more loosely, so I'm sure I'm losing inches.
I also had made some choices in the last 2 weeks that probably negatively impacted my weightloss. I drank a lot of beer at my birthday party. I got a gyro and fries at the new fast food place in Clive called Iowa Castle; wasn't worth it either because neither the fries nor the gyro were that good. I didn't get any pop when I went there, though. :) I also had popcorn and pop at the movies twice in that time. It's funny, because normally I don't eat popcorn at the movies.
I'll make some better choices this week and will continue to lose...maybe even more than 4 lbs.


Workout today

So my trainer teaches a class on Fridays. She gave me the option today to work out on my own or to go to her class. I picked her class. It was step aerobics. I guess she lets the class pick what kind of workout they want to do.
I had never done aerobics before. It was a great workout. My coordination was a bit off from time to time, but not too bad!

The people in the class were really cool. There was a guy in there (Paul, I think) who was maybe in his 50's. He was excited to have another guy in the class; apparently the last guy stopped going for one reason or another. There was a retiree in her 50's. There was another lady with a knee brace on that was maybe in her later 60's or in her 70's; she was behind me and in the other corner, so I didn't pay close attention to her age. There was another lady in her later 40's or maybe 50's. Right next to me was a girl 22 or 23 or so. We were all joking around during the class and having a good time.

We ended up doing some stuff with a bar as well. I think my bar was 18 pounds. 18 pounds isn't much, but when you've just done step aerobics and whatnot and you're doing a bunch of different things with the bar, it ends up feeling like more after a while!
We then did some ab and stretching stuff on our steps.
The class lasted 20 minutes or so.

After class, my trainer and I did the cross-trainer for 15 minutes I think it was. We went a mile or so anyway.
Straight from that, we went and did some stretching and ab work using those big exercise balls. I could really feel those ab exercises working, so it was nice. I think we did that for 10 minutes or so.
From there, we went to the treadmill for only about 6 minutes. I'd have gone longer, but I had to shower and get to work.
It was a really great workout. My trainer was like, 'You're really easy. You'll do any workout without complaining' or something along those lines.

No comments: