Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas.... I weigh-in tonight....

Christmas....

I spent Christmas Eve night at my mom's with my family like I always do. We eat sandwiches, dips, chips/crackers, shrimp, sardines, etc. I had my first can of pop in a long time that night. I drank a Pepsi (not diet....I will NOT drink diet pop except for maybe a diet 7up).
I made some hummus that I brought with me. I used very little olive oil in it. I used chick peas, garlic (one whole head of garlic for 3 cans of chick peas) and one can of artichoke hearts. I used maybe a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. It was really good and very healthy!
I don't generally follow recipes...I might glance at one once to see what the ingredients are then from that point on I try some of this and a little of that and see what I come up with. I wish I was a chef....I almost went to school for culinary arts....
Anyway, I made some good choices and some so-so choices. Overall, none terrible. I just probably had more than I should have.

Christmas Day I went to my grandma's as usual. Normally I would have had big portions of everything and would've gone back for seconds of about everything, but not this year. I got one plate and had moderate amounts of the things I wanted. I did have, throughout the day, a few pieces of lefse (Norwegian flat bread that has butter and sugar on it) and a couple of kringle (Norwegian cookie in the shape of a figure 8 that you spread butter on....I used 'I can't believe it's not butter'). I didn't eat any pie. I loaded up all day long on broccoli and cauliflower.
Again, no terrible choices, but I could've done better. I did much better than other years!


I weigh-in tonight....

I'll be weighing-in tonight right after work. Hopefully I at least stayed even over Christmas. If so, I'll be back to losing next week.... Stay tuned for numbers tomorrow....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmm i love lefse!