Friday, December 21, 2007

This morning's workout!...

Wow.
Once again...
Wow.

I kinda impressed myself today. I got to the gym a bit earlier than usual, so Deb and I decided to have me warm up on the cross-trainer for 15 minutes or so before class (Friday is class day). So I started working out on the cross-trainer and after a while I realized it was 7:05 and Deb wasn't around and realized that class had started. I didn't want to go in late, so I kept going on the cross-trainer.
I ended up going for 55 minutes!!! Not only that, but my speed was between 6.5 and 7mph the ENTIRE time (mostly around 7). That's AWESOME. When I started out back in October or whenever, I struggled with 4mph.
I ended up going 55 minutes and just over 6 miles. I burned 720 calories!!! That's over 1/2 the amount of calories I take in in a day! Not sure how many calories I burn when lifting weights and doing ab exercises, but add that in and I'm sure I burned a bunch of calories!

When working out on the cross-trainer I never felt that winded and after I got off of it, I recovered right away and wasn't exhausted or anything. Not bad!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Woo Hoo! And I'll give you a WOW too. In your last post you were talking about watching the Biggest Loser. You have lots of people saying wow about you too you know. So you won't win a lot of money. What you are winning is worth so much more. Good for you!

Dave said...

Thanks, Joyce!
Yeah, I agree that this is worth so much more than money! This is the best thing that I've done for myself -- ever. This is one of the best things that anybody has helped me do!
I really appreciate when people leave me comments like you, Joyce!