Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What's inspiring me? What's motivating me?

What's inspiring me?

So, I was thinking a while back about what was inspiring me. Now, I'm not talking what's motivating me, but what's inspiring me.
One thing (or person) that's inspiring me is my co-worker Dan. Dan lost 100 pounds in a year on his own. Isn't that great?! I never knew Dan when he was heavy, only like he is now: slim and trim. I've seen pics from when he was big, and he was a big guy.
Back before I started the program, Dan would always tell me that if he could do it I sure as hell could. I always kept it in the back of my mind, but never really thought I'd ever get motivated to do it.


What's motivating me?

Now, the other side of the coin. What's motivating me?
Well, it certainly helps to have people watching you on TV. That's a given. But you have to look beyond that. I think that you have to constantly, or at least occasionally, re-evaluate your motivation in order to keep going down this long road.

The Move It segment on the news was my initial motivation. Who wants to fail with everyone watching, especially when they keep showing that shirtless picture of you wearing your mohair sweater?? That does continue to motivate me, certainly, but I've found other motivation as well.
One thing that motivates me is how I feel and how I look and how my clothes fit (too loose, for sure!). Ok, that was more than one thing, but they're all related. It's also great having so many people tell you that they're noticing a big difference in you. I never get sick of hearing those kind comments!
I also hope that I'm motivating people through my success. I was a big couch potato before. I still like to kick back and relax while watching TV, but I'm now earning those times.
It can also be fun to change and to try new things. I'm not always so accepting of change. I've had some difficulty with change in the past, but so far this has been pretty easy. It's been fun, actually.

A friend of mine asked me if I ever get sick of this whole thing. I really don't. Are there some mornings where I wish I could sleep in til 7:45am rather than get up at 5:45am and go work out? Yeah. The big picture keeps me going, though. Or maybe that's the little picture. Heh.


Anyway, hopefully I'll start posting more blogs like this one. A little less boring and rote and a little more personal and reflective....

No comments: