Friday, December 14, 2007

Last night's weigh-in... Overslept today...

Last night's weigh-in...

So I weighed-in last night. Amazing results, too!
Keep in mind, this weigh-in is two weeks worth of weightloss due to weigh-in being cancelled last week.
I had lost 7 POUNDS over those two weeks!!! That's 3.5 pounds/week. I'm not even starving myself at all! I eat all day long, six times a day, and I'm losing weight. Amazing. The people on The Biggest Loser workout like all day long every day and sometimes don't lose 3.5 pounds in a week. I workout 3 times a week and have this success!
I'm now down to 270 pounds from an initial 316 pounds when I began 2 1/2 months ago. I have another 70 pounds to get to my goal.
I have lost a total of 46 pounds in 2 1/2 months!!! How awesome?!


Overslept today...

I was supposed to workout today as I do every Friday. Well, I set my alarm clock last night for 5:45am but apparently forgot to slide the little switch over to turn the alarm on. I woke up 2 hours late when I heard my roommate leaving the bathroom. I was so pissed at myself!!! 3 months ago I wouldn't have dreamed I'd have ever been mad at myself for oversleeping thru a workout!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave I live in Illinois and a radio station here is having the biggest loser contest alot like the one you are doing. They will anounce the contestants the 5th of January. My sister Joyce had tried to get into the contest but did not succeed. She continues to watch your progress. I am wondering are you spending more or less at the grocery store. It seems like to me all the things that are good for you is very expensive

Dave said...

Hi Kim,

It does seem like healthier foods are more expensive. For instance, fresh vegetables are more expensive than their canned counterparts.

Example: A bag of spinach (I forget how many ounces) can run in the $3 range whereas a can of spinach is much cheaper. There's nothing wrong with using canned spinach.
I would imagine that frozen broccoli and fresh broccoli are about the same price.

If you think about it, bread and pasta and the like are cheap. Whereas fresh, healthy foods are more expensive. I wish it were the other way around.
Though I was eating fast food 10-14 times a week, so I was already spending a lot on food.

I went to the grocery store on Saturday and spent $50 and got hardly anything.
I bought wraps, an onion, apples, deli turkey breast, holiday grapes, almonds, Fiber One bars, low-sodium V8, and frozen salmon and maybe one or two other things. The holiday grapes were EXPENSIVE. I didn't realize that the bags were 3 pound bags. They were $3 and some change per pound, so I spent nearly $10 just on grapes!

I hope you make it into that contest! Ours isn't really a contest, just a program, essentially. There's no winner at the end...well, I guess we're all winners if you think about it.

Thanks for the message! Ask me any questions you have!