Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July weekend....

So I went to the Hampton/Sheffield/Clear Lake area for the holiday weekend. I was there Friday night into Saturday afternoon.

I ate a Power Bar for a morning snack before leaving (woke up a bit too late for breakfast). We stopped at the gas station when we first left; I got bottled water and pistachios for a snack -- good choices. We had burgers, chips, potato salad and the like for lunch Friday. We went to a carnival in Clear Lake. They had the usual carnival/fair foods, which I'm VERY proud to say I had NONE of! Go me! For dinner, we ended up eating at an Italian place. We all ended up splitting a couple of pizzas. I had 3 pieces and a beer. I probably should've just had 2, but oh well.
Saturday we woke up pretty late and didn't have breakfast. We stopped at a greasy spoon in Sheffield. It was one of those small town restaurants where everyone knows everyone. I got pork ribs, green beans, a roll, baked potato, and a salad bar. Of course they had no vinaigrette or light dressing -- oh well, gotta live once in a while. I had water to drink. Not super unhealthy, but there wasn't too much healthy stuff to pick from.
On the way home, I grabbed a Power Bar for my afternoon snack.

I got back to my normal meal plan when I got home.
I went to a movie Saturday night with a friend. She had a pop. I was good and had nothing (the ticket was like $9! ouch!). By the way, Hancock is a pretty good flick. Not your average superhero movie, that's for sure. Wasn't my favorite movie, but entertaining. It had something for the guys and something for the ladies.

I checked the scale when I got to the gym today, and it seems I stayed where I left off. I was pleased as I had made some choices that weren't the best food-wise.

No comments: