Wednesday, July 2, 2008

New jogging record today....

I'm really proud of myself. With my trainer being gone, I jogged alone today. I wanted to jog for 30 minutes straight but was a bit discouraged early on. I got to the gym and got dressed, but the manager was on the good treadmill (the one with the fans built-in and the cup holders/mp3 player holders). Someone else was on the other good treadmill. The other treadmills have no cup holders, so if you have to get a drink of water, you have to hop off and grab your bottle off the floor.
Anyway, I started jogging for two minutes on a regular one until I saw the manager get off the treadmill, so I hopped off and did another 28 minutes straight on it. I consider that 30 minutes straight. I left the towel over the display the whole time so I wouldn't get psyched-out. I listened to headphones on my iPhone the whole time. Gotta love Modest Mouse: 'Good News for People Who Love Bad News'. Awesome album.
I'm pumped! I'm really proud that I did it and did so on my own without my trainer there as a crutch to push me. I now know that I can do it 100% on my own.
With those 30 minutes, I went over 3 miles and burned over 400 calories.
After jogging for 30 minutes and doing a 4 minute cool-down walk, I went and knocked out the weights as per usual.

No comments: