Wednesday, July 16, 2008

TMI = Too Much Information....

So here's a little entry I'd like to call "TMI".

So apparently it's not a good idea to wear cotton fabrics when working out. I had started jogging fairly recently, as you'll remember. Some days my trainer would want me to do the cross trainer then jog but I couldn't due to chafing from my shirt. OUCH. Rubbed my chest raw. It'd be fine until I'd start sweating and the shirt would stick.
Anyway, I finally bought a polyester workout shirt yesterday that's made to wick away moisture. Apparently it's a common problem. So common, in fact, that a shirt needed to be invented to rectify the problem. And did it ever!
I did the cross trainer this morning for 23 minutes going between 8 and 9 mph the whole time. Then I switched up and jogged for 7 minutes at 6.5 mph then walked for another 7 or so at a very steep incline. And no chafing! Normally I'm SOAKED when I'm done working out because I work out HARD. I push myself pretty hard. I was pretty dry. The shirt did great.
Sports Authority and Scheel's sell Under Armour brand and other nice brands of this style of shirt for $20-$35. I bought a Champion from Target for like $12. Very comfortable. I bought an XL cuz I like things loose when I workout, but a L would've fit fine.

No comments: