Monday, July 21, 2008

Fitness test today....

So as part of Mercy Wellness Center's initiative or program or whatever, they did fitness profiles on participants in May (8 weeks ago). Today, my trainer did another fitness profile to see how I'd progressed:

On May 7:
Body Fat: 18.3% That was at the top of the 'Fair' level.
Bicep Strength: 103lbs Middle of the 'Fit' level.
Back Flexibility: 36cm Top of the 'Unfit' level.
Systolic Blood Pressure: 122 Top of the 'Fit' level.
Diastolic Blood Pressure: 63 Top of the 'Excellent' level.
Resting Heart Rate: 64bpm Middle of the 'Excellent' level.
Aerobic Fitness: The bike wasn't working (and still isn't working) so it brings the Total Fitness Score down as it still figures it in.
Total Fitness Score: 57 Top of the 'Fair' level.


Today 7/21/2008:
Body fat: 16.1% Middle of the 'Fit' level!
Bicep Strength: 101lbs Though down 2 pounds, one of the times we did it was 103 today.
Back Flexibility: 40cm Increased 4cm and went from 'Unfit' to the middle of the 'Fair' level.
Systolic Blood Pressure: 142 For some reason, this went up 20 points. We're going to check it again on Wednesday, because it doesn't seem right at all. Dropped me to the top of the 'Unfit' level from the top of the 'Fit' level.
Diastolic Blood Pressure: 67 Still at the top of the 'Excellent' level.
Resting Heart Rate: 54bpm Top of the 'Excellent' category. My trainer says it can't get much better than that. She said that anything below 70 is really good. She said 54 is like a really fit athlete.
Aerobic Fitness: Still not working
Total Fitness Score: 64 Since the bike still isn't working for the 'Aerobic Fitness', I'm sure that my score would be higher overall because that will take it way down. But, it puts me in the low-middle range of the 'Fit' level. I can't help but think I'in the upper-fit or possibly low-excellent level.


I'm ecstatic at the results. It really couldn't have gone much better in 8 weeks. There's still room for improvement, and with jogging now, I'm sure we'll see improvement the next time we do one (assuming they'll do one when I become a member).

No comments: