Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Switching up my snacks and meals a bit this week....

Since I gained a pound last week, I'm trying some new stuff to try to get back on the losing end of things. Everyone thinks that I may not be eating enough for the amount of working out I'm doing. I tend to agree since when I get to the gym on Mondays after taking the weekend off from working out, I seem to have lost a few pounds but as the week goes on, I gain it back.

So I decided to eat a bit more this week and to change one of my snacks and swap two of my meals.

Instead of my Fiber One bar that I was eating in the afternoon, I eat either a Zone Bar or a Power Bar at the time I would normally have my V8 and string cheese. I now eat my V8 and string cheese in the afternoon. The bars give me the carbs and protein that I need after working out. They have more protein and carbs as well as calories than my Fiber One bars had. The Fiber One bars have more fiber, but I'm getting enough fiber in my diet already.

Since I tend to be more active early in the day (work out in the morning) and more sedentary at night, I decided to switch my lunch and my supper around. I've wanted to do this for some time and finally decided this was the right time to try it. My supper is bigger than my lunch and I could use those calories earlier in the day than later in the day when I generally am not doing much. With my supper, I eat the same thing that I used to eat for lunch, however now I also eat an apple with it.

I think that we'll probably see some better results now. I certainly hope we will (what song is 'certainly hope we will' from? heh)

No comments: