Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Am I really going to run a 5K in August???....

So I was working out w/ my trainer this morning and someone who works at the hospital brought in some pamphlets for my trainer to put out. I asked her what they were and she said that they were pamphlets for Iowa Heart Foundation's 'Run For Your Life'. It turns out it's for a 3K run, 5K run, or a walk. I had been thinking about doing a 5K for a little while now since I've been jogging. I think it'd be a great idea.
A 5K = about 3.1 miles. I ran 3.4 miles today at the gym in 30 minutes. Granted I haven't run outdoors yet. Even though it's August 16th (humid, hot time in Iowa) it starts at 8am, so I think it's doable! It'd be nice and early before it gets hot.
I was telling a co-worker about it. She's really fit and runs a lot. She wants to run it with me! I think it'd be cool to have someone to run with for my first run.
It costs $25 (donation), but you get a t-shirt and a gift bag. You can do it for free, but don't get a gift bag or t-shirt.
It'll be at Water Works park, August 16th at 8am if anybody wants to join!

www.iowaheartfoundation.org or www.aedaccessforall.org/runforyourlife

God. Who knew a year ago that I'd be running without someone chasing me?!
I think I'm gonna do it!

No comments: