Thursday, July 31, 2008

Comments that frustrate you....

So I weigh-in at Mercy Center for Weight Reduction on Thursday nights right after work.
The manager of the clinic says some things that frustrate me at times. I'm sure she means well, but words can be misinterpreted...

I hate it when she says: "Do you really think you're going to be able to keep the weight off?"
My answer: "Well, I've only gained a little bit just a few times. I've been losing steadily for the most part for some 10 months or so."

She also says: "Do you really think you're going to keep working out 5 days a week? Is this something that you can keep doing?"
My answer: "I love working out. I love going to the gym 5 days a week. I started out at 3 days a week and loved it so much that I decided to go 5 days a week."

I'm sure she's not trying to second-guess me and that maybe she's just trying to get me to think, but I don't like questions like that which have an underlying negative slant.

I AM going to keep the weight off. I AM going to keep working out. I've found what works for me and what I enjoy. If I need to make adjustments later, I will. Whatever I can do to keep healthy and keep on the right track I'm going to do!

I don't hear any of that stuff from anybody else. I think everyone sees my pride and sees my drive and devotion and motivation and understands that this is for real. This is for life.

No comments: