Monday, July 21, 2008

Bought a new evening snack....

So I've been eating 18 almonds for an evening snack for a while now. I like them, but they just don't quite seem to be enough.
I went to Dahl's in Johnston on Sunday because I needed to buy some protein bars for my morning snack anyway. I looked at the protein shakes as an option for an evening snack. One of the shakes was like $15 for a 4 pack. They were 300 calories and like 23 grams of protein. Those would be more of a meal replacement than a snack. I found another kind that were maybe $5-$8 for 4 of them (I forget just how much). They were only like 110 calories, but still high in protein (I think in the low 20's). I bout them to try them out. They came in aluminum cans just like pop cans. I bought Belgian Chocolate flavor. I had one last night, and it was bad. I choked it down. I'll finish the other 3, but think I'll look at other snack options.
I do like the idea of a protein shake as a snack because you can't sneak an extra drink the way you can sneak an extra few almonds. We'll see....

No comments: