Tuesday, July 1, 2008

New speaking engagement!....

I got an email this morning from Mercy's PR dept (hi Kate!) asking if I would speak at a diabetes conference in October. I, of course, said I would. :)

This time the conference is in front of people with diabetes. It's called 'Take Control of Your Diabetes' and is at the Convention Center downtown. The last time they had it, there were more than 1,000 attendees. That's awesome! I wish I had kept my speech from before! Oh well, the story is mine and it's in my head! I'll be speaking on my weightloss again. There will also be one other person that lost weight speaking as well as a doctor and dietician. We'll speak for 10 minutes followed by a 15 minute panel where the folks can ask us questions. I DO like to talk about myself and I do like attention. :)
It's 3 days after my 31st birthday and about 13 months after I started this journey. It'll be a cool way to start off my birthday! By then, I hope to be at my goal and on my way to my next goal. :)

No comments: